- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word Online
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
There are no instructional material requirements to take this course.
Getting into cybersecurity can be rewarding and lucrative! In fact, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, information security analysts can make over $100,000 per year. This course will give you the knowledge to help you decide whether a career in cybersecurity is right for you.
The course will start by introducing the basics of cybersecurity. You will learn the types of threats companies face daily and how a cybersecurity specialist can help prepare for and prevent those threats. Finally, the course will cover cybersecurity learning paths and different types of cybersecurity jobs and salaries.
- Introduction to Cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity Roles and Industries
- Problem Solving
- Cybersecurity Basics
- Types of Information Security
- Common Concepts and Terminology
- Types of Threats
- Secure Coding
- Protecting the Business
- Developing a Security Awareness Program
- Employment and the Future of Cybersecurity
- Next Steps
What you will learn
- Explore cybersecurity as a career path
- Identify cybersecurity job roles and industries
- Describe the soft skills that cybersecurity professionals need
- Explain the threats that cyberattacks pose to modern businesses
- Explain the importance of securing information
- Define common cybersecurity terms and concepts
- Explain the role of secure coding in preventing cyberattacks
- Identify the ways that cybersecurity professionals protect a business
- Describe the key elements of a security awareness program
- Identify employment opportunities and career steps in the cybersecurity field
How you will benefit
- Learn if a career in cybersecurity is right for you
- Explore the basics of the cybersecurity industry
- Discover potential career paths in the cybersecurity field